Terms and Conditions
Engaging a professional photographer to deliver visual content comes with some complexity. I have set out my terms and conditions below which are based on Australian copyright law and common practice in the photography industry. Acceptance of my quote is also accepting these terms and conditions.
- Quotes are only valid for 30 days from the date of the quote.
- Invoice terms are 14 days.
- Payment via credit card is accepted with the any 3d party surcharge added on top.
- The agency/client is given access to all shots. After the shoot you will receive an FTP / Dropbox link with low resolution files to select you final images from. This will be active for 14 days so please download asap.
- Video commissions come with two rounds of editing due to the difficulty in sharing all raw footage. Extra fees are payable for further re-edits.
- All shoots are backed up and archived indefinitely at no cost, however no guarantees are made in the case of backup hard drive failure or loss in the future. For image libraries I advise clients to supply or have me provide a hard drive to have a copy of everything.
- Additional file management fees maybe charged for future file retrieval, or if files are renamed and need to be visually matched. Please do not change file names.
- Quotes may change upon changes to brief, overtime incurred, unexpected hard costs incurred or new information to complete the job.
- Payment terms are strictly 14 days from the invoice date. Invoices may be generated within 7 days of the shoot date, even if final image selects have not been made by the agency/client. A 2% interest per 14 day late fee will be charged for non payment. It is Australian copyright law that content can not be used until payment is made to the copyright holder/content creator.
- There are no cancellation fees if cancelled before 10am on the day prior, although any hard costs incurred up until that date will be charged if applicable. For cancellation after 10am the day prior, the full fee components will be charged along with any hard costs already incurred.
- A weather call, before 10am the day prior, is available upon request to confirm the shoot will proceed. If the shoot is cancelled or the the agency/client decides to move or defer the shoot day after that 10am deadline full fees for all crew and any incurred costs up to that point will be charged. If a client cancels the shoot more than once then 50% of all photographer and crew fees may are charged as holding fees. It is the agency/client responsibility to make final decisions on weather calls.
- Exclusive usage of imagery is given in the quoted timeframe across all below the line mediums only for the named client/brand on the quote. The client agrees not to sell or give usage to any images onto 3rd parties unless prior agreement. The photographer Jeremy Park, retains worldwide copyright unless otherwise agreed.
- Above the Line advertising campaigns will incur usage fees for copyright unless agreed before the shoot.
- For shoots that total over $2’000 + GST, 50% of the total is payable upfront to the photographer before commencement of a job upon agreement of quote. The remainder balance is due 14 day after delivery of low res edit and invoicing. Half the total is also required when the Photographer employs any third parties on the agency/clients behalf.
- Financial and legal liability for 3rd party talent rights, copyright, intellectual property and moral rights that may appear in the imagery is not the responsibility of the photographer unless otherwise agreed to and stated. This may include any talent featured so it is suggested you get an agreement from any featured talent for permission to use their image.
- Financial and legal responsibility for how images are used, displayed, contextualised or manipulated are not the responsibility of the photographer.
- The agency/client agrees to nominate a representative whom will attend the shoot and have the authority to oversee and approve of the photographers work. If not representative is present at the shoot it will be considered the authority to sign off on work with creative discretion is handed over to the photographer.
Above the line : Mass media marketing and advertising such as for Print Ad’s, TV, Outdoor advertising and Online ad distribution channels.
Below the Line : Marketing targeted audiences through your own social media channels, your website, direct mailers, brochures and point of sale.
The Photographer : Jeremy Park, sole trader.
Agency/Client : The business entity or person who commissions the photographer to carry out work.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or for a written quote.